- About Us
- Contact Us
- In Store Menu
- Our Outlets
- Catering & Delivery Services
- O'Briens Membership
Privacy and Terms
Effective date: Feb 1, 2019
Agreement to Terms
You are required to create an account and specify a password to use certain features on the Websites. You agree to provide, maintain and update true, accurate, current and complete information about yourself as prompted by the registration processes. You may not impersonate any person or entity or misrepresent your identity or affiliation with any person or entity, including using another person’s username, password, or other account information.
You are entirely responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of your password and your Loyalty account. And you are entirely responsible for all activity made by you or anyone that uses your account. You agree to safeguard your password from access by others. If you believe that your account has been compromised, you must immediately contact us by mail at: email@example.com or Customer Care Team 1300 30 3000 from 8 am-5 pm, Monday-Friday You agree to indemnify and hold harmless O’Briens for losses incurred by O’Briens or another party due to someone else using your account as a result of your failure to use reasonable care to safeguard your password.
You have the right to cancel your order within five minutes after your order is placed on Website. After this point, we would have started to prepare the food and therefore no refunds would be possible. For the avoidance of doubt, timing will be assessed based on the point you place your order. In the event of a cash-on-delivery order, your order will be delivered as instructed and cash must be collected by rider
Information Collection and Use
We collect several different types of information for various purposes to provide and improve our Service to you.
Types of Data Collected
While using our Service, we may ask you to provide us with certain personally identifiable information that can be used to contact or identify you ("Personal Data"). Personally identifiable information may include, but is not limited to:
• Email address
• First name and last name
• Phone number
• Address, State, Province, ZIP/Postal code, City
• Cookies and Usage Data
We may also collect information how the Service is accessed and used ("Usage Data"). This Usage Data may include information such as your computer's Internet Protocol address (e.g. IP address), browser type, browser version, the pages of our Service that you visit, the time and date of your visit, the time spent on those pages, unique device identifiers and other diagnostic data.
Tracking & Cookies Data
Cookies are files with small amount of data which may include an anonymous unique identifier. Cookies are sent to your browser from a website and stored on your device. Tracking technologies also used are beacons, tags, and scripts to collect and track information and to improve and analyze our Service.
You can instruct your browser to refuse all cookies or to indicate when a cookie is being sent. However, if you do not accept cookies, you may not be able to use some portions of our Service.
Examples of Cookies we use:
• Session Cookies. We use Session Cookies to remember the food you have placed in the cart.
• Preference Cookies. We use Preference Cookies to remember your preferences and various settings.
• Security Cookies. We use Security Cookies for login and security purposes.
Use of Data
O'Briens uses the collected data for various purposes:
• To notify you about changes to our Service
• To provide and maintain the service, improve, and analyze our websites, ads, and the products and services we offer;
• To provide analysis or valuable information so that we can improve the Service
• To monitor the usage of the Service
• To detect, prevent and address technical issues
• process your purchases of or requests for products and services;
• communicate with you about orders, returns, accounts, programs, contests, and sweepstakes;
• respond to your customer service inquiries and requests;
• post your comments or statements on our websites;
• send you personalized promotions and special offers;
• inform you about our brands, products, events, or other promotional purposes;
• detect, prevent, or investigate security breaches or fraud;
• maintain appropriate records for internal administrative purposes;
• facilitate the functionality of our websites and mobile applications;
• provide important product safety information and notice of product recalls
Transfer of Data
Your information, including Personal Data, may be transferred to — and maintained on — computers located outside of your state, province, country or other governmental jurisdiction where the data protection laws may differ than those from your jurisdiction.
If you are located outside Malaysia and choose to provide information to us, please note that we transfer the data, including Personal Data, to Malaysia and process it there.
Disclosure of Data
O'Briens may disclose your Personal Data in the good faith belief that such action is necessary to:
• To comply with a legal obligation
• To protect and defend the rights or property of O'Briens Irish Sandwich Cafe
• To prevent or investigate possible wrong doing in connection with the Service
• To protect the personal safety of users of the Service or the public
• To protect against legal liability
Security of Data
The security of your data is very important to us, but there is no method of transmission over the Internet, or method of electronic storage is 100% secure. While we strive to use commercially acceptable means to protect your Personal Data, we cannot guarantee its absolute security.
We may share your information in the following circumstances:
• We may employ third party companies and individuals to facilitate our Service ("Service Providers"), to provide the Service on our behalf, to perform Service-related services or to assist us in analyzing how our Service is used.
• These third parties have access to your Personal Data only to perform these tasks on our behalf and are obligated not to disclose or use it for any other purpose.
• We may share information between and among O’Briens, its subsidiaries, and affiliated companies for purposes of management and analysis, decision making, and other business purposes. For example, we may share your information with our subsidiaries and affiliated companies to administer our loyalty programs, process orders and requests, and expand and promote our product and service offerings.
• We may share your information with service providers that provide us with support services, such as credit card processing, website hosting, email and postal delivery, location mapping, product and service delivery, analytics services, or conducting academic research.
• When we work on Business Transactions. If we become involved with a merger or another situation involving the transfer of some or all of our business assets, we may share your information with business entities or people involved in the negotiation or transfer.
• We may disclose your information if we believe that the disclosure is required by law, if we believe that the disclosure is necessary to enforce our agreements or policies, or if we believe that the disclosure will help us protect the rights, property, or safety of O’Briens or our customers or partners.
• When we work with Marketing Service Providers. We may share your information with marketing service providers to assess, develop and provide you with promotions and special offers that may interest you; administer contests, sweepstakes and events or for other promotional purposes.
• When you Give Consent. We may share information about you with other companies if you give us permission or direct us to share the information.
• We may share your information in a way that does not directly identify you. For example, we may share information about your use of our websites in a manner that does not identify you or may combine information about the nature or frequency of your transactions with similar information about other people and share the aggregated information for statistical analysis and other business purposes.
• If you post information on a blog or another part of our websites, the information that you post may be seen by other visitors to our websites, including your user name.
Google Analytics is a web analytics service offered by Google that tracks and reports website traffic. Google uses the data collected to track and monitor the use of our Service. This data is shared with other Google services. Google may use the collected data to contextualize and personalize the ads of its own advertising network.
For more information on the privacy practices of Google, please visit the Google Privacy & Terms web page: https://policies.google.com/privacy?hl=en
IMPORTANT LEGAL TERMS
Apple and Google Terms and Conditions; O’Briens Policies
These Terms supplement and incorporate (a) in case the Application is distributed through Apple,
Inc.’s (“Apple”) system, Apple’s Terms and Conditions:
Links to Other Sites
We have no control over and assume no responsibility for the content, privacy policies or practices of any third party sites or services.
Our Service does not address anyone under the age of 18 ("Children").
We do not knowingly collect personally identifiable information from anyone under the age of 18. If you are a parent or guardian and you are aware that you’re Children has provided us with Personal Data, please contact us. If we become aware that we have collected Personal Data from children without verification of parental consent, we take steps to remove that information from our servers.
O’Briens Customer Care Team
Mondays to Fridays
8 am to 5 pm
By mail: No. 2A-3, Jalan Metro Pudu 2, Fraser Business Park, 55100. Kuala Lumpur Malaysia